• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company screwed me (premium hike)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apuppydog

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I just canceled my policy with Farmers whom I had for little over 6 months. I initially had Progressive, and I was paying $185/month for a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I started shopping around for a better quote and i was given a good rate by Farmers ($116/month)

Thinking that it was a good deal i jumped on it... couple of months later, my premium got bumped to $143/month. I was too busy at that time to pay attention to this and let it go until my policy got renewed again... my last bill came at $323. This included a premium of $200/month and $123 for an address change.

I have been living at the same address for the duration of my insurance with Farmers, but I found out that the agent had put my garaging address with a different zip code to give me a better deal. I called customer service and they said that a claim was filed also with my policy (perhaps the increase to $143)

I have not filed ANY claims, nor have I got any speeding tickets, or got in any accidents. Since the agent was the one who screwed up this whole policy in the first place, can I do anything about it? :confused: :mad: :confused:

Happy Trails

apuppydog said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I just canceled my policy with Farmers whom I had for little over 6 months. I initially had Progressive, and I was paying $185/month for a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I started shopping around for a better quote and i was given a good rate by Farmers ($116/month)

Thinking that it was a good deal i jumped on it... couple of months later, my premium got bumped to $143/month. I was too busy at that time to pay attention to this and let it go until my policy got renewed again... my last bill came at $323. This included a premium of $200/month and $123 for an address change.

I have been living at the same address for the duration of my insurance with Farmers, but I found out that the agent had put my garaging address with a different zip code to give me a better deal. I called customer service and they said that a claim was filed also with my policy (perhaps the increase to $143)

I have not filed ANY claims, nor have I got any speeding tickets, or got in any accidents. Since the agent was the one who screwed up this whole policy in the first place, can I do anything about it? :confused: :mad: :confused:
**So why not call your insurance agent and ask him? Maybe someone made an error that the agent can fix.

apuppydog

Happy Trails, I did tell them. Customer service said they don't know why or I had a claim filed, which they don't know about, and the Agent told me he will talk to his attorney about my complaint.

"your are guilty" i was asking if i could do something about it, not your smart comment, asswipe.

Happy Trails

apuppydog said:
Happy Trails, I did tell them. Customer service said they don't know why or I had a claim filed, which they don't know about, and the Agent told me he will talk to his attorney about my complaint.

"your are guilty" i was asking if i could do something about it, not your smart comment, asswipe.

Something seems odd. Why would your agent have to discuss this with an attorney? When all agent needs to do is call the insurance company and inquire about the so called claim.

apuppydog

I canceled my policy with them this morning by sending them a letter.

here is a copy of the letter:

POLICY CANCELLATION NOTICE

This is a notice to Vijendra Lochan to cancel my insurance policy (#16377XXXX) effective midnight tonight, September 16, 2004.

It is unfortunate that I was given a policy premium with a WRONG zip code to show a better rate. My policy initialy was $116, then $143 and now it's $200.

The could be considered fraud and your son can face a lawsui for falsely stating a zip code to provide a better rate to get business. My calls to Salesh and Suzie were never promptly returned and the customer service you provide is extremely poor.

I will make sure that others who may or may not have a policy through you hear of my disgust at the way you run your business.

I now have a better provider and better rate and will not switch back to Farmers nor will I recommend anyone to go with Farmers for the poor service I got.

Signed
Policy # xxxx

Phone: xxxxxxx

Signature....Date
I also faxed a copy of this letter to the District Manager.

A few hours later I get a call from the angent saying that I am playing games and he won't let me play games. He also went on to say "I will send you back where you came from" which is a racist remark. I have this message that he left saved on my voicemail...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">