• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Company is trying to obtain my insurance info for reimbursement of claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California Grl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was involved in an accident 5 months ago. Both the driver of the other vehicle and myself decided not to exchange information because there wasn't any damage to our cars. I was at fault.

I just received a letter from an insurance company requesting my insurance information. Apparently the other driver has claimed back pain and seeked medical attention. So her insurance company has settled a claim with her and they are now seeking reimbursement from my insurance company. Supposedly, the other driver wrote down my license plate, but I don't know if this is a legitimate claim. Both myself and the other driver were alone in our vehicles, we didn't exchange info at the time of the accident and the police were not contacted. We were at a busy intersection so witnesses were all around. Plus, I don't know if this is the same person I hit 5 months ago. The insurance company has not described the vehicle or driver, only the location were the accident took place. Please advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

Call your insurance company and report the information to them. They will pay or defend you as appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">