• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company won't release settlement to Structured Settlement Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janidoc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.
I had been involved in a severe accident that disabled me in Dec. 2006. I am involved with two insurance companies which have agreed to settle with me. My insurance Westfield Insurance has offered a structured settlement which I want, but the other insurance carrier Selective Insurance (carrier of the person who hit me) refuses to offer me a structured settlement and refuses to send my settlement to the structured settlement carrier I have chosen. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter? This is money I need to live on the rest of my life, my career is over as is my earning capability. Life time payments that are tax free is what I need, but this Selective Insurance rep. flat out refuses and will not even give me a reason why. Why are these people so evil and feel the need to punish the injured person, the guy who hit me is just fine and going on with his life while my life is ruined, now this Selective Insurance guy is trying his best to punish me even further, what pleasure do they get out of this is beyond me. Both these insurance companies drug this out right till the end when the statute of limitations is about to run out how can they get away with this? Please any advice is appreciated, my lawyers have had not luck at all with this and I am against the wall. Thank you.
Janidoc

ecmst12

I don't think you can force them to do this. What's wrong with ONE tax free payment which you can invest, save, or spend as you need?

janidoc

I think I will have no choice, but the options out there are limited as far as investing and getting the great rate I would have received from the structured settlement. The fixed annuities I have been looking at are at the most for 5 years and won't let me touch it until age 59. I am 48 years old and out of work forever, do you see my problem here. I need as much in this structured settlement to get an income for life with this annuity they can offer. It is just so unfair, I have been victimized twice, once by their insured now by the insurance company itself. I can't believe they can do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">