• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co's investigator going thru my mailbox ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xrevvyx

What is the name of your state? NJ
I was involved in an accident back in July - original thread - https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151309

anyway, I get home from work today and my downstairs neighbor (we live in a 2 family house) says that some man came here today, and was asking questions - about me and my husband (ie. who else lives here, are we married, which car(s) are ours, how hurt was I, etc) he then tells her that he went through my mailbox and it seems that I don't live here anymore because there were 2 unopened letters in the mailbox from my insurance co.

Thing is, I *DO* get/open my mail - daily - he just happened to come right after the mailman - and we have a 'locked' mailbox, but when the mailman puts the mail in, he doesn't always push it in far enough so it CAN be slipped out from the top if you really try - which is exactly what this guy did ..

I contacted my lawyer - and he said it's all well and legal for them to send an investigator - Ok fine but then -

My question - who sent this guy ? he claimed to be with MY insurance co., but when I called my adjuster, she said they didn't send anyone - and asked if he had left a card (he didn't) -

I am kinda freaked out by the fact that he was all up in our yard / going thru my mail etc.. I mean what could he be looking for ??

L

Ladyd_ITC

INsurance Adjuster going thru Mail

Federal Offense ...It is against the Law for anyone not resinding at that home to tamper with mail. I am a former Postal Worker and it was illegal for me to do anything with your mail besides delivering it. I f I had tossed a salespaper that was to be delivered to you in the trash I have committed a Fedral Crime...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">