• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance at fault cutting off care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kelly9145

I was involved in an auto accident in TX in June. The other person rear-ended me. I have been seeing a chiropractor and using my PIP so I do not have to pay the fees out of my pocket and wait for reimbursement. The other guy's insurance company contacted me about 2 weeks ago stating I have gone over the "usual and customary" healing period and they will pay for no more chiropractor visits. They agreed to pay for the chiropractor bills up to that point plus $500.00 for my incovenience. I really do not want to get a lawyer involved if at all possible, but my chiropractor has not released me from care, and I am still having pain. What should I do? If the settlement they proposed is fair I will go ahead and take it. One of their comments was: since I have PIP any continuing care will not be out of my pocket anyway...but why will my insurance continue to pay for an accident their client caused, but they won't?? What should I do? Would uit be appropriate to demand more inconvenience money to cover the continuing care??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">