• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Ken Oyster

What is the name of your state? Florida, I have a vehicle which was bought in my father-inlaw and my name and now i am getting a divorce so the father -inlaw has decided he wants the vehicle, i told him no, so he went to state Farm ins. and told them it was stolen by me and they paid the vehicle to Ford Motor credit the fair markey value leaving me ownig a balance of $4,000 and now state farm is suing me for the vehicle. Can any one help me?
nothing fishy the father in law has gone to the Sheriff's department and filed a event report, he used it as if it were a stolen police report. the insurance company did not know until I told them. Now they are claiming under florida statue 319.22 When a motor vehicle or mobile home is registered in the names of two or more persons as coowners in the alternative by the use of the word "or," such vehicle shall be held in joint tenancy. Each coowner shall be deemed to have granted to the other coowner the absolute right to dispose of the title and interest in the vehicle or mobile home, and the signature of any coowner shall constitute proper endorsement. as if they just bought the vehicle. I have even tried to get help from the insurance commission and they say they can not be a fact finder and that the state farm is the victim of insurance fraud and they have to file charge against the father in law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">