• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bchbndpcb

I was notified by my insurance company on 17 Jan 01 that my policy would be cancelled on 16 Feb 01 if I did not make my monthly payment. My monthly payment was sent to my insurance company on 9 Jan 01. The company "cashed" the check but either did not apply or misapplied my payment. The company was notified that there was a problem on 20 Jan 01. The company responded by saying don't worry we'll take care of it. To aid the company I faxed copies of the cancelled check on two separate occassions. The company thanked me for the aid, then on 21 Feb 01 I received a notice stating my policy had been cancelled due to lack of payment. They received the payment. Am I at fault here? Was there something else I should have done? What can I do now?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bchbndpcb said:
I was notified by my insurance company on 17 Jan 01 that my policy would be cancelled on 16 Feb 01 if I did not make my monthly payment. My monthly payment was sent to my insurance company on 9 Jan 01. The company "cashed" the check but either did not apply or misapplied my payment. The company was notified that there was a problem on 20 Jan 01. The company responded by saying don't worry we'll take care of it. To aid the company I faxed copies of the cancelled check on two separate occassions. The company thanked me for the aid, then on 21 Feb 01 I received a notice stating my policy had been cancelled due to lack of payment. They received the payment. Am I at fault here? Was there something else I should have done? What can I do now?
My response:

Contact your States' "Insurance Commission", explain the problem just like you did here, and have them contact your insurance company. That'll put some teeth into what you've been trying to do.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">