• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EzodAutoGlass

What is the name of your state? California

We are a small auto glass company, and i just had an issure where a cutomer called my cell # and started screaming at me about the insurance companys adjuster called and told her that our company is a scam and that we lie about our buisness and that we are going to send her a letter stating she has a few days to pay or she will go to collections and we will harass her for the money. Is this legal and what can i possibley do about it. The company has been issuing payment, now this insurance company is telling all insureds this and the company has stopped paying, Can you tell me what i can do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

EzodAutoGlass said:
What is the name of your state? California

We are a small auto glass company, and i just had an issure where a cutomer called my cell # and started screaming at me about the insurance companys adjuster called and told her that our company is a scam and that we lie about our buisness and that we are going to send her a letter stating she has a few days to pay or she will go to collections and we will harass her for the money. Is this legal and what can i possibley do about it. The company has been issuing payment, now this insurance company is telling all insureds this and the company has stopped paying, Can you tell me what i can do.

My response:

I can't understand what the heck you're trying to say.

IAAL

EzodAutoGlass

Insurance lies

What i am trying to say is, I recived a call from one of my customers, She was screaming at me because she had received a call from her insurance company saying that The company that she had fix her car is a scam and that we are a bunch of liers. they also told her that we will first send her a letter saying she has a certin amount of days to pay or she will be sent collections. they also told her that they do not do buisness with with that company, Although our company has been doing buisness with that insurance company for about 5 months now. and they have been paying us. I dont know if they just dont want to pay our company anymore or what. but to slander our company name to the insureds is wrong. We have valid contracts with all insurance companys in the state of arizona. My question is what can i do about the insurance company slandering our name to our customers. i dont know the extent of this. i dont know how many people have been told this. but i have several unhappy customers now. Can you give me some advice?
Thanks so much

Lynx 36

The insurance company is doing this b/c you have done something to warrant them referring customers elsewhere.

I do it all the time. There are always body shops, and the like that want to try and consistently over charge, or do procedures that aren't necessary to fix the car when they find out an insurance company is paying the tab. I strongly encourage our insureds and claimants to go elsewhere and in the case of a couple body shops I will use the words like "crooks" or "cheats" and will tell them if they take their car there, they will be responsible f/ the additional charges.

So yes, they are w/in their rights to steer their customers elsewhere f/ any reason they want. Maybe it's b/c of the threatening letters, who knows. Why don't you call them and ask them? Why are they saying you're a scam? Then you could correct whatever problem they say they have w/ you. Good PR goes a long way.

Last edited:

EzodAutoGlass

Insurance lies

We Have Not Done Anything Wrong. Unfortunaltly We Followed A Company That Had A Very Bad Rep. We Are A Glass Company, And The Company That Was In The Town We Are In Now (wholesale) Had A Very Bad Rep. We Try To Take Care Of Our Customers And The Ones Who Arent. (such As Fixing The Problem That The Other Company Did) I Also Didnt Send A Threatening Letter. But They Told The Customer That We Would So The Got Mad. We Are Just Trying To Make Every One Happy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">