• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance limits disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike p.

I was in an accident in Feb. ,in Ohio. The other driver was cited (she was also exiting from a driveway marked "not an exit". I had to have knee surgery because of bone chips and torn cartilage. Her insurance company refuses to tell me her limits of liability. I have underinsured motorist coverage, but don't know if I will have to make a claim with my ins. company. Do I have a right to this information? Could the owner of the property be held liable?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mike p. said:
I was in an accident in Feb. ,in Ohio. The other driver was cited (she was also exiting from a driveway marked "not an exit". I had to have knee surgery because of bone chips and torn cartilage. Her insurance company refuses to tell me her limits of liability. I have underinsured motorist coverage, but don't know if I will have to make a claim with my ins. company. Do I have a right to this information? Could the owner of the property be held liable?
My response:

As far as the insurance information is concerned, in most States, a claimant is not entitled to such policy information until such time as litigation begins. Until that time, such information is private, confidential, and protected.

Couldn't begin to tell you if the property owner is liable. We'd need to see the layout of the property, and how her lanes were marked, and other details. We'd also need to see the accident report.

I would really suggest that you not deal directly with the adverse insurance company - - get a Personal Injury Attorney on your side.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">