• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dragon11682

Hi, how's everybody doing? I live up in New Jersey, and I have an auto insurance question. Me (age: 48) and my son (age: 22) have been covered for 4 years now under the same insurance, at least I thought they had my son down on this insurance. As a matter of fact, they later told me that they did not have my son added to my insurance. This is funny because I had brought all his information when I started with this insurance so that he could be added. Now they want to charge me what they didnt charge me for last year. This is their screw up, and they want to charge me for their mistake. So whatever I didnt pay last year, I have to pay in addition with this year's amount since they forgot to add my son to the insurance! Is this legal? My son wasn't even in the records, but they are saying that my son was covered nonetheless. That is very confusing since they said that my son was never in last year's records. What I think they are trying to do is find a way to charge me more by bringing up that they didnt have my son on records last year. Are they trying to pull something on me? Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

teflon_jones

Was your son listed on your policy as an additional driver? If not, he wasn't covered, and they can't charge you for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">