• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance pay off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cindy Sanderson

missouri....... i was involved in an accident that was entirely the other person's fault. my question is that my car is totaled out and i still owe 3,608.30 now the book value is only 2,600. is there anyway i can make the insurance company pay my balance off in full instead of just the book value seeing as had it not been their clients fault i would still have my car. thanks for any of kind of help.

J

Janrm

Were you in the vehicle at the time?

If you were in the vehicle and/or injured you can receive money for pain and suffering. It does not matter if you were treated and released and/or have not been seen by anyone yet. I am assuming that you suffered loss of wages due to time missed at work because of this accident and having to pick up police reports, get estimates on repairs, etc. Check with your state's insurance commissioner (they usually have a web site) to see if pain and suffering is a valid claim in your state. I am sure it is and that you are entitled to some amount just for the inconvenience of the insured's actions. I have been paid $1,000 before when a similar situation happened to me. I did not have an injury. The ins. adj. was just fair about it all and I went to my local doctor to make sure I did not have whiplash or anything else wrong. The ins. co. also paid for my x-ray. You should have an x-ray too. I have known of people who had an injury but did not realize it until after they had settled and then they had to pay out of their own pockets.
An accident is very emotional and you do not think straight immediatley afterwards. Seeing a doctor a day or even a week or two later is sometimes a better thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">