• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INSURANCE PROBLEM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am from Georgia. My leased truck was having mechanical problems. I asked my son, who is 25 yr. and is not covered on my insurance policy,to take it to the location i leased it from. He has a pond in his back yard, where he parked the truck. While he was inside, the truck rolled into the pond. The claim rep reported it totalled. My insurance talked with the bank I had it leased through and they aggreed on a settlement amount. The next day or so I received a letter from the insurance stating the claim had been turned over to another claim rep in Atlanta for further investigation. The accident happened Oct.5.....Meanwhile, the bank is waiting on either a payment from my insurance or a lease payment. I was told, I still have to continue the lease payments until the claim is settled or nonpayment of lease will affect my credit history. I certainly don't want that to happen. In the meantime, the Atlanta rep requested my son and I for a recorded interview. We agreed. The Atlanta rep called and ask if they could transfer the vehicle to their location so the storage price would not continue to rise and I agreed, hoping this would encourage the final stage. I nest received a letter from the insurance's attorney request:
1)original receipts, invoices, etc on loss vehicle
2)original ins. policy
3)all sketches, diagrams,photosgraphs, description of claim
4)all appraisals, estimates or valuations on claim
5)all bank statement,cancelled checks,charge account receipts&statements,on claim
6)copies of all financial statements prepared by you of on behalf within the five year preceding the date of the loss
7)all income tax retruns,intangible tax returns,and ad valorem tax receipts prepared for filling with local,stat of federal for preceeding five years
8)all documents reflecting any checking,saving,or brokerage account for the five years preceeding the loss
9)all record, bills,or receipts which refer of relate to any and all telephone service maintained in my name 3 yr preceeding the loss
10)all record, bills, recipts which relate to any and all cellular service maintained in my name 3 yr preceeding loss
11)all deed,promissory notes,deed to secure debt,leases,options to purchase, sales contract by me to the sale,purchase,lease, or use of real estate for 5 yr preceeding loss
12)all documents referring or relating to any ins.policy for me in connection in any building or structure 5 yrs

This attorney, on insurance behalf, request a sworn statement by my son and me in the presence of a court
reporter. I have been with this insurance company for about 25 years and have paid well over $178,000.00 on vehicle and home coverage. as of today, I have filed only 3 times over all the years with them and have only received only $4500.00 on those claims... I'm thinking...what's the deal????? Please help me figure this out!
thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Called insurance bad faith. EIther wait it out, hire a lawyer or at least speak to one in YOUR state or contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association. THere are a number of attorneys who offer free consultations. Start there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">