• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance rate increase???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

farrbryant

my auto insurance company just advised me that my rates were going to increase. not because i receive any tickets or filed a claim but because there had been several claims made within my zip code and that they pulled my credit report. this in turn will increase my rates and all in my zip code. this did not sit right with me at all.1} i have not filed a claim or received a ticket in 3 yrs. 2}i did not give any one permission to periodically pull my credit report. please tell me if I have a leg to stand on.

racer72

This is how insurance companies determine the rates that their customers must pay. You now have 2 options, move to a cheaper zip code or find a different insurance company.

F

farrbryant

insurance rate increase

i understand that is how they initially determine an individuals rate, but that does not give them the right to pull my credit report when they fell they need a boost in their pocket. i feel a credit report regardless if it's good or bad, is our own personal business to be accessed only with my permission. i'm sure i never signed a document given any persons or companies the right to periodically view my credit history. i could possibly understand if the policy lapsed and a renewal was in order, but that was not my case. i still feel they were wrong and i will pursue finding another company. unfortunately, you have to have it ,but hope you never use it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">