• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Rates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andyman230

Texas

What is the rule most insurance companys go by in relation to a driver turning 25 years of age? They used to change the drivers classification on their birthday but I was just informed they would not consider it until my policy anniversary and only then if the insured was qualified for a new classification. What gives?

Betty

Many insurance companies only make policy changes on the policy anniv. date - such as the policy anniv. date after your 25th birthday. However, they may not give you a new "classification" & reduce your rate if you have a bad driving record. It's not an automatic reduction in premium at 25 - they also take into consideration your driving record not just your change in age.

gawm

andyman230 said:
Texas

What is the rule most insurance companys go by in relation to a driver turning 25 years of age? They used to change the drivers classification on their birthday but I was just informed they would not consider it until my policy anniversary and only then if the insured was qualified for a new classification. What gives?
Anyway they can stick it to you they will!!!:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">