• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance refuses to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmc14

I was involved in an accident on 11/25, with a policy holder of Geico. It was his fault and he is refusing to give his company a statement. Because of that they refuse to pay for the damages done to my car. He did, however, give my company, Liberty Mutual, a statement - so I asked them to send a copy to Geico, they said they would if they got the man's consent. Now he is refusing to return their requests for a release. Geico told me they are going to close the claim and I should go after Liberty to pay under uninsured moterist coverage-- this action would raise my rates- and besides i feel it is absoultly unfair- he has coverage so why should i file as if he did not? The way i see it is Geico is getting out of paying because they can't get a statement? if they can get a way with that then why would anyone give a statement- that way your not liable at all? does anyone have any advice on what i can do-- both companies are giving me the run around

stephenk

I believe both carriers are giving you the run around. There is no logical or legal reason why your carrier cant give to Geico the statement of Geico's insured.

You cant make an uninsured motorist claim because the other driver is insured with Geico.

you can file a small claims action against the other driver. when you win collect from Geico.

C

cmc14

Thank you very much for the advice-- funny you said something about small claims court -- i was thinking about taking the jerk to judge judy!!--lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">