• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance refuses to pay 4 damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davidt2

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was in a wreck on Valentines Day. I was rear-ended in my truck. I was turning onto my street and this girl wasn't paying attention and hit me going about 60mph. She tried to switch lanes at the last second but hit the back of my truck on the driver half and cushed the driver's side rear panel. My truck frame bent a littlebecause she kinda went under my truck and lifted the bed causing it to dent the driver's side corner of the cab.
Shrapnel flew all the way to the front fender of the driver's side cause major knicks and scratches and taking 5 little knicks of glass out of my door window.
The fender flare the was on the rear fender was about 100ft down the road and it took her a block and a half to stop her car.
Here's the question. Her insurance company highered a private adjuster to come do a estimate on my truck. He said that there is no way to prove that the damage from the cab to the front fender was cause by the accident and that it could have already been there so he refused to pay for it. Can he really do that cause at this point I'm getting my truck back with all the other damge still on it next week and the only things getting fixed are what he said he would pay to fix?

Lynx 36

davidt2 said:

I was in a wreck on Valentines Day. I was rear-ended in my truck. I was turning onto my street and this girl wasn't paying attention and hit me going about 60mph. She tried to switch lanes at the last second but hit the back of my truck on the driver half and cushed the driver's side rear panel. My truck frame bent a littlebecause she kinda went under my truck and lifted the bed causing it to dent the driver's side corner of the cab.
Shrapnel flew all the way to the front fender of the driver's side cause major knicks and scratches and taking 5 little knicks of glass out of my door window.
The fender flare the was on the rear fender was about 100ft down the road and it took her a block and a half to stop her car.
Here's the question. Her insurance company highered a private adjuster to come do a estimate on my truck. He said that there is no way to prove that the damage from the cab to the front fender was cause by the accident and that it could have already been there so he refused to pay for it. Can he really do that cause at this point I'm getting my truck back with all the other damge still on it next week and the only things getting fixed are what he said he would pay to fix?
It has to be proven somehow that debris caused it. I've written estimates on hundreds of cars and I've never seen this situation you are describing. Anything is possibe though I guess. I honestly don't know how it can be proved that what you said happened.

Yuke

davidt2 said:

If you were making a right turn, I'm having a hard time figuring out how you have damage to the front driver's side as well.

davidt2

Let me clear that up. I was slowing down to make the right turn, I hadn't started to make it yet. My bad

davidt2

Well does anyone have any ideas from experience as to how I can prove the damage happened due to the wreck. My truck is a show truck with a custom paintjob so I keep it nice. It doesn't have the usual wear and tear that other vehicles have

Also today I went and checked at the body shop and they put a totally different running board on the driver side rear fender. It doesn't even come close to matching the rest of the running boards. The new one is almost an inch and a half wider where it meets the front section at the cab and bed
The insurance adjuster said he would only pay for the one runningboard to get replaced and the body shop says they don't believe they can find the same design as the original. There were no ID numbers on the originals. So am I stuck with one extremely oddball running board since the insurance company wont pay to replace the others to match and what if the body shop cannot find an original matching runningboard at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">