• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance and repair has been a nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wearytraveler

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I reside in Florida :)
I was recently in an accident, rear-ended by a young woman who was ticketed for careless driving. I have been waiting on the Chevy dealer from whom I bought my 2005 vehicle for almost 7 weeks and it is still not finished. I rented a car from the company located in the dealership. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone. I feel I have been wronged by my insurance company and the dealer. Do I have any recourse? Oh, they told me today that my car should be done by this Friday. I hesitate to sign anything because I believe someone is wrong and it isn't fair for me to pay for 2 months of not being able to drive my car due to someone's wrong. HELP!
Cathy

Why is the at-fault insurance company not paying for your rental? They should be if they are at-fault.

I also believe that you had the choice of where to have your vehicle repaired, so you just need to get tough with the repair shop and get a firm answer.

I think the rental question is the way to go. If the other insurance company has to pay for your rental, which I still don't understand why they are not, then they will be putting pressure on your body shop to get repairs done quickly. This might help you get your car back faster.

JETX

wearytraveler said:
Do I have any recourse?
Yes. You can go to the dealership and rant and rave about the repair taking so long. What is the EXACT reason that it is taking this length of time??

JETX

Meatcutter said:
Why is the at-fault insurance company not paying for your rental? They should be if they are at-fault.
WRONG!!

The other party's insurance does not have to pay for extensions on YOUR vehicle repair.... and yours doesn't have to pay if you don't have rental car reimbursement on your policy.

If the other insurance company has to pay for your rental, which I still don't understand why they are not, then they will be putting pressure on your body shop to get repairs done quickly. This might help you get your car back faster.
WRONG again!!
The other party's insurance has NO obligation to speed things up. Nor are they obligated for extended rental coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">