• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance states that i am at fault after initially stating the opposite

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osakis69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

i made a right turn from the rightmost lane clearly marked with a right turn arrow onto a 3 lane road. i was stationary at the crosswalk and made sure i had the right of way before i turned right. because the lane flares a bit at the intersection, the other party snuck in to the right and she turned to the right nearly simultaneously with me and i struck her vehicle. police came, but no police report, just info exchanged. i gave insurance my info and diagrams and based a call to one of the local traffic officers that indicated that she made an unsafe right turn, they placed her at 100% fault. a month later, they sent me a letter blaming me 100% due to other insurance company citing CVC22100a that states that a right hand turn needs to be made as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge. i think this is absolutely wrong, as the other party passed a stationary vehicle to the right illegally, even though the lane was wide enough for her to pass. i certainly was not going to illegally back up and move more to the right in order to comply with this CVC, so any help or vehicle codes that i can use to refute my insurance would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">