• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance stopped paying medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abbuB

Name of state...Michigan.
I was involve in an auto accident a year and a half ago. Been receiving chiropractic treatment since and the ins. has been paying the bills.

I just recieved a letter from them stating that payment will not be paid for treatment after last August. They say that the chiropracter and me were both notified of the stoppage at that time.

I spoke to chiropracter and he says he did NOT recieve a letter until JUST NOW just like me.

He also informed me that before payments can be stopped I must be examined by a ins. co. supplied doctor.

Question...What is the proper proceedure for ended payment of bills? I am now looking at a $600 debt.

Lynx 36

abbuB said:
Name of state...Michigan.
I was involve in an auto accident a year and a half ago. Been receiving chiropractic treatment since and the ins. has been paying the bills.

I just recieved a letter from them stating that payment will not be paid for treatment after last August. They say that the chiropracter and me were both notified of the stoppage at that time.

I spoke to chiropracter and he says he did NOT recieve a letter until JUST NOW just like me.

He also informed me that before payments can be stopped I must be examined by a ins. co. supplied doctor.

Question...What is the proper proceedure for ended payment of bills? I am now looking at a $600 debt.
Maybe if you went to a REAL doctor they might cover them. Once you see a chiro you're treating f/ life. I recommend physical therapy if you really want to get better.

Some Random Guy

Check your policy

Read your policy. Most have specific limits on the number of times that you may see a chiropractor in a given year (ofter 10).

The reason is that insurance companies have detected a high level of fraud among chiropractors, where once you go there, you are put on a weekly plan and told you need to keep coming back for adjustments for the rest of your life.

I don't know if your "doctor" is a quack or not. But he should be well aware of insurance limits. In fact, I would suspect that if he did get a letter from your insurance company, he chose to ignore it.

see chirobase . org for more info on chiropractor scams and inflated claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">