• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Subrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sac281

After an auto accident in which the other driver was found at fault in Texas, some of my medical bills were paid by my personal auto PIP and by my health insurance PPO. I am now negotiating a settlement with the other driver's auto insurance. Should I be concerned with my PIP or PPO trying to recover money from me for the bills they paid after I settle with the other driver's insurance company? If so, is there a statute of limitations for them to demand reimbursement?

T

The Legal Shoppe

Do either of your PIP or PPO policies provide for reimbursement or subrogation? Have you been contacted by either your PIP or PPO carriers to seek reimbursement?
Some states allow PIP and PPO insurers to seek reimbursement under the policy. Check your policy carefully for this type of reimbursement provision. When in doubt, have an attorney look at both policies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">