• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance wont pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stephee2002

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was in a fender bender last week. I hit someones car. When we called the insurance company to report it, they said that they had cancelled my policy the day before the accident. I was never notified of this cancellation and had no reason to even think I was driving without insurance. The insurance company said if we gave them a fee they would reinstate my insurance and that I shouldn't worry about the accident. Yesterday I received a call from the insurace company saying that they are going to deny my claim because my policy was cancelled at the time of the accident. I do not understand how they can cancel my policy without any warning or notice especially when they recieved some money for payment seven days earlier. I am very confused by how they can do this to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">