• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kay1330

Last January I was involved in an accident that was not my fault, since my health insurance and car insurance just keep throwing my medical bills back and forth. No one wants to pay them, so now I have a collection agency after me for the medical bills that should have been paid. Why have insurance if they won't pay anything. What can I do to get one of them to pay these and how can I get this taken off my credit history? I really don't think I should be penalized for them not wanting to take the responsibility for what I pay them for. I know someone will tell me to appeal them, tried, no luck. Of course why would they change their minds, they made up their minds, and they are who you appeal. I am very upset with Insurance, I pay for my health insurance, it's not covered by an employer. What good is it? Anyone have any ideas? If you are going to slam me, save it, PLEASE.

K

kay1330

BelizeBreeze said:
and what about the at-fault party's insurer? Have you contacted them? Sued them for recovery?
I live in Michigan, no fault insurance. So it's all on me. This was a village employee who hit me while driving the 25,000 lb. village snowplow because he never stopped at a stop sign or looked to see if anyone was coming.

BelizeBreeze

kay1330 said:
I live in Michigan, no fault insurance. So it's all on me. This was a village employee who hit me while driving the 25,000 lb. village snowplow because he never stopped at a stop sign or looked to see if anyone was coming.
O.K. then don't you think it's about time you discussed this with a personal injury attorney?

K

kay1330

BelizeBreeze said:
O.K. then don't you think it's about time you discussed this with a personal injury attorney?
I did, right after my accident, they told me if your injuries do not persist longer than 3 months you have no case. My injuries were all internal, no broken bones. So for 2 1/2 months all I could do was lay flat on my back. but I got better. But I had medical bills during this time, of course I had xrays, doctor visits, radiology doctor bills the list goes on. These would not be a problem if I was not paying $140.00 a week for health insurance for myself and my family. I could of had them paid by now, you would think they could afford to pay them, seeings as how thats what I pay them for.

BelizeBreeze

Then you need to go see another attorney and now. The longer you wait the more it will take to unravel this mess. You also may consider filing a complaint with your state's department of insurance against BOTH companies.

But do it NOW!

K

kay1330

BelizeBreeze said:
Then you need to go see another attorney and now. The longer you wait the more it will take to unravel this mess. You also may consider filing a complaint with your state's department of insurance against BOTH companies.

But do it NOW!
And then I will just have more bills to pay, I really can't afford to pay a lawyer just to get my measly medical bills paid. I am going to file a complaint against my insurance companies, but still that won't get the bills paid. I have been contacting my state rep. and he is a loser. I guess I am just screwed again, insurance has never been there for me. Thank You for your advice.

Happy Trails

Your auto insurance should be paying your medical bill, if you had PIP coverage. I would get on the phone with them and hound them like a dog. Go to the phone and do it now.

It takes time for these things to get worked out. But this looks like it's dragging out too long. You are going to have to put a flame under their butt.

K

kay1330

Happy Trails said:
Your auto insurance should be paying your medical bill, if you had PIP coverage. I would get on the phone with them and hound them like a dog. Go to the phone and do it now.

It takes time for these things to get worked out. But this looks like it's dragging out too long. You are going to have to put a flame under their butt.
Oh don't I know it. I have been pestering the heck out of them, they say appeal, have and got nothing. Insurance companies are crooked and the gov. reps. cover up for them. Probably cause they get kickbacks. Ah yes the wonderful country we reside in. Don't get me wrong I am glad I live here and not Iraq, but it just seems like everything costs more and more and you get less and less. Just a little disgruntled, as I bought a Dodge Durango to replace the 4runner the plow mangled, and it shuts down while I'm driving down the road, 55,000 miles on it. Buy American, yeah, I tried. Sorry just venting a little frustration as I just heard from the Dodge dealer, Oh no thats not under warranty! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

G

grantclan

Plpd

I was reading your story and you did not state the reasons they are denieing your claim or how much you owe. I am also from Michigan and all insurance companies here go by the same standard practice, deny and someone else will pay, and that inclues you. Michigan has personal liability insurance coverage which your auto insurance company should be able to collect from the other parties insuance. If you chose not to retain a lawyer than you will have to continue the battle yourself. Get the paperwork that shows who should pay. There must be a clause that excludes auto accidents in your personal insurance and visa versa. The company who did not cover their butt is the responsible party. You may also be able to charge the insurance company for your legal fees if found liable. You may be able to talk to free legal aid to get some of these questions answered. Don't give up, its hard but you can win this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">