• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance won't pay medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fmoore

What is the name of your state? California

I was rear-ended on November 25th 2002. I was stopped at traffic lights and a car ran into me, I turned around to see what happened and another car hit the back of the one that hit me. Very bad whiplash, went to doctor's, physiotherapy and chiropractor for months. I had my neck and back xrayed. The bones were alright, I was in terrible pain, Chiropractor took xrays and several vertebrae out. Took months to start getting better. Still very sometimes, but not as bad. Anyway, my medical bills came to $4,500 between all doctors and xrays. I can't get a lawyer because there wasn't enough damage done to my car. One insurance company is settling for both and they are offering $3,400 in total for the accident. 5 months after injury I developed Fibromylagia, my Chiropractor says it is due to crash. Anyway, since I can't get a lawyer, I was going to go to small claims court to try and get them to pay my medical bills. Who do I sue in this case? The people who were driving the car or the insurance company? Thanks for help!

JETX

fmoore said:
I can't get a lawyer because there wasn't enough damage done to my car.
Of course, that is NOT true... and is absolutely the opposite. If you have a clear case of personal injury due to an accident, attorneys will take the case on contingent all day long. They will NOT, however, take a property damage claim on contingent fee basis.
I suggest you contact a personal injury attorney.

Who do I sue in this case? The people who were driving the car or the insurance company?
If you do decide to take this case to court on your own (called Pro Per), you would sue the other driver. The drivers insurance will then provide an attorney for their policyholder. Yep, that means you will be 'up against' an experienced attorney.... definitely NOT your best position.

stephenk

" 5 months after injury I developed Fibromylagia, my Chiropractor says it is due to crash"

Has any medical doctor confirmed that diagnosis? What are you doing to treat that condition?

Did you have med pay coverage on your own auto policy? If yes, make a claim and your bills will be paid up to your limit of coverage. Did you have health insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">