• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurrance company will not pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

california

California: I was recently rear ended and the person who hit me insurance company said they will not pay for my rental car after Jan. 23 the day we agreed over the phone for the amount of my totaled vehicle. It has been almost two weeks now, Feb. 5, I have yet to receive the check and I still have the rental because I need to get around while waiting for the check to replace my vehicle that their client totalled.
Is this common practice? Can I at least get them to pay up until the date that the check is issued? Why should this accident cost me so much money? I am not the one who caused the accident. Why should I have to pay and be both financially and physically worse off than I was before the accident?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">