• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

intersection accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stewstruck

Last night I was driving down the main street in the right lane. There were 2 cars in the left lane waiting to turn left, therefore blocking some of my visibility. I proceeded forward, but just as I was approaching the intersection I saw a truck going across the intersection perpendicular to me going in the direction of the street on my right. I was rather close, jammed my brakes but could not stop, because it was snowing and slippery, resulting in my left front end getting damage.

I am not sure if the truck ran the red light entering my path, or if the truck turned left on a green light. I will need to report this to my insurance, and I don't know how to describe where the truck came from. My question is, who would be in fault if the truck was making a turn on a green light?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">