• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inuried car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sheliacollier

I was driving sisters vehicle lost brakes and steering hit a tree was taken by ambulance to hospital. I have sprained neck and ankle bruised ribs on right side. My whole breast on right is badly bruised. Bad hematomas all across bottom of my stomach and both my knees are bruised and swollen.seatbeltburn and bruised chest. My jaw hurts from airbag should I get an attorney I just want to be compensated fairly I don't want to sue my sister!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sorry about your accident. I do not see any question in your post.

Your sister's auto insurance should cover your injuries.

Sheliacollier

Your sister's auto insurance should cover your injuries.

Your sister's auto insurance should cover your injuries.[/QUOTE
I apologize im wondering if I should get an attorney just to be safe.I just want fair compensation. We know how insurance companies can be.

quincy

Can you add your state name, please?

What kind of car was this that you were driving and do you know what caused the brakes and steering to fail?

It will generally be the owner's insurance company you will look to for compensation.

Thanks.

Sheliacollier

I was driving her Mazda MPV .I was proceeding to turning lane.I put on my signal and applied the brake I heard a pop and the brake went to the floor lost steering and it was either hit the tree or go out into the intersection . I'm in Va

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was driving her Mazda MPV .I was proceeding to turning lane.I put on my signal and applied the brake I heard a pop and the brake went to the floor lost steering and it was either hit the tree or go out into the intersection . I'm in Va
What did your sister do wrong?

Sheliacollier

My sister did nothing wrong . I'm not trying to sue her
I'm just wondering if I should hire an attorney just to make sure that I'm compensated fairly that's all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My sister did nothing wrong . I'm not trying to sue her
I'm just wondering if I should hire an attorney just to make sure that I'm compensated fairly that's all.
Compensated fairly by WHO?

Does your sister have appropriate insurance to cover this?

quincy

If you live with your sister or if you were permitted by your sister to drive her car (i.e, not specifically excluded as a driver), you will want to submit a claim with your sister's insurer. Her insurer should cover your costs and, if her insurance coverage is not enough to cover these costs, your insurer can potentially cover the rest. This is assuming your sister and you are both adequately covered and the insurers do not deny the claims.

I do not see any recalls with the 2001 Mazda MVP, and no recalls on Mazdas that could lead to brake and steering failures, so there does not appear to be any product liability issues.

I do not see a reason for an attorney at this point. You will not be suing your sister.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">