• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involve in Hit & Run/Police Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ilkhats44

What is the name of your state? MS

I was involve in a drunken driver hit and run a month ago. Someone was able to get the tag # and report it. My insurance company is waiting on the police report. I keep calling the police station but nobody can talk to me about my case. Now I have been carless for over a month. I didn't have any rental insurance at all. I heard about a loss of usage will I be able to use it under my circumstance? Or will I have to just wait it out until the police report come out.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? MS

I was involve in a drunken driver hit and run a month ago. Someone was able to get the tag # and report it. My insurance company is waiting on the police report. I keep calling the police station but nobody can talk to me about my case. Now I have been carless for over a month. I didn't have any rental insurance at all. I heard about a loss of usage will I be able to use it under my circumstance? Or will I have to just wait it out until the police report come out.
What did you hear about loss of use? Do you have collision on your vehicle? Or UMPD?

ilkhats44

The car is pretty much total/nondriveable. He hit me from the rear so hard that it bust my fuel tank open. No adjuster have came out to look at my car either because of "waiting" for the police report.

moburkes

The car is pretty much total/nondriveable. He hit me from the rear so hard that it bust my fuel tank open. No adjuster have came out to look at my car either because of "waiting" for the police report.
The at fault party's adjuster hasn't come by. Where is your adjuster?

ilkhats44

The at fault party's adjuster hasn't come by. Where is your adjuster?
Thats the second problem. I can't get in contact with the person that hit me, since it was a hit and run. The police do have a tag but I can't get in contact with anyone (police) that know anything about my case and my insurance company keep telling me that they can't do anything until the police report come out. It has now been over a month.

moburkes

Thats the second problem. I can't get in contact with the person that hit me, since it was a hit and run. The police do have a tag but I can't get in contact with anyone (police) that know anything about my case and my insurance company keep telling me that they can't do anything until the police report come out. It has now been over a month.
You don't need a police report for collision coverage.

ilkhats44

Is there anything I can do to speed the process up any faster. Do I need to hire a lawyer. I have been patience long enough and really need some type of transportation to get around.

moburkes

Is there anything I can do to speed the process up any faster. Do I need to hire a lawyer. I have been patience long enough and really need some type of transportation to get around.
Using collision, they don't need to determine fault. Your vehicle should have been repaired/replaced by now. Call your adjuster's supervisor.

ilkhats44

Just ask, no luck. They still waiting on police report. The insurance company have the tag but everything came back.

Do the police usually call when the report is ready?

Next step, lawyer?

(ie..Thanks for answering my questions, never have been in an accident until now, and it is now becoming a pain)

moburkes

Just ask, no luck. They still waiting on police report. The insurance company have the tag but everything came back.

Do the police usually call when the report is ready?

Next step, lawyer?

(ie..Thanks for answering my questions, never have been in an accident until now, and it is now becoming a pain)
You'll need to pay for the lawyer yourself, but you need to speak to a supervisor.

Ask them HOW they can delay the repair of your vehicle.

This makes no sense to me.

ilkhats44

I don't mind, it is probably best to go ahead and get one before the police report come out. Since it was a hit and run and plus he threw out the beer bottles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">