• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irritated...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindsayilene

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am getting irritated with my lawyer. He promised me that my case would be settled by October 15. He told me that he had all of my medical records, and that he was putting the proposal package together to send to the insurance adjuster.

When I went into meet with him a little over 2 weeks ago, he still did not have all of my records, and nothing was ready to send to the adjuster.

He told me to call him every day to check on the status of my medical records. I did this, and after a week of hearing that he still did not have them, I went and got them myself and hand delivered them to his office.

I realize that it is way to late in the game to fire him, but shouldn't I receive some sort of discount off his contingency fee, for doing his work for him?

stephenk

no discount. you should ask your attorney why he couldnt get the records and/or if your doctor was not cooperating in delivering your records to your attorney.

G

gooberitiz

Just get used to it.......

people take vacations, people get sick, people get fired, reports gets misfiled, yu have floods , fires, hurricanes, all sorts of stuff that delays court proceedings.

>>>>>> I went and got them myself and hand delivered them to his office.

Very good Now keep getting involved with your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">