• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issuance of court abstract to show to DMV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akouhen

What is the name of your state? california
I received 3 tickets, 2 were fix-it tickets and the other one for suspended liscence for failure to appear to court for the fix it ticket mensioned above.
Now to get my licence I need to get abstracts from 3 courts. Normally as I was told by a DMV agent that the court will issue abstract the same day after you set up a court date to appear for the ticket, therefore a person doesn't have to wait until he sees the judge to get his abstract. Well Igot one from one court in WLA. the same day, but not from the other 2 court. They say I have to see the judge in order to get my abstract. Shouldn't the law be the same in every court. What can I do to get these abstract so that I can drive, since my employer doen ''t want me to work until I fix my licence.

M

michael parks

well my boi, you are lernin bout r courts system.

Everything or court has its own rules, and you have to suffer through them.

So since you need your license, you need to see the judge in the 2 courts....

this is a good lesson for you to learn, you MUST appear in court at the stated time NO excuses,

A judge would have tossed out the failure to appear if you had to rush home because your parents were near death.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">