• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement for the plaintiff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mztrgutz

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? ohio
after winning case in court for damages,insurance carrier still refuses to pay up. what is my next course of action? how do i place a lien on driver at fault because his insurance refuses to pay? how do i file a complaint with the insurance commission? thanks in advance.

H

hexeliebe

You're confusing me. Whom did you sue, the driver or their insurance company?

M

mztrgutz

sorry for the confusion. i sued the driver who was represented by his insurance company. i named the driver and the business he owns on the suit. he has bussiness insurance inwhich also covers his auto

H

hexeliebe

So, you have no claim against the insurance company. Your judgement is against the owner of the car.

The next step is to wait the prescribe amount of time (usually 30 days) for the defendant to pay the judgement. If, after that time, the judgement is not paid, you go back to court for a judgement lien and place it on anything and everything he owns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">