• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judges Options

• Thread starter hawaiian2themax
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hawaiian2themax

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Hawaii

I went to district court cause I receive a ticket for no insurance on my auto. During the case the Judges told me that I have two options

1) Get insurance on my auto and return to court with the documents
or
2) Pay a fine

I told the Judge I will get insurance, He said OK and continued the case

Just prior to my next hearing I was a victum of domestic violence and received injuries and could not make it to court, so I sent my husband with the documentation and explanation.

The court did not except this and continued the case.

I then made it to this hearing and showed the court that my auto had insurance, however, my name was not on the card. The court said my name has to be on the card. So the court continued the case.

My next hearing I showed the court the insurance card and it was ok. However, now the Judge (different) hands me the following:

I must pay a fine of $480.00 for not having insurance and suspended my license for six months.

I feel this isnt fair cause I was given an legal option to obtain insurance or pay a fine.

I kept up with my part, can the courts do what they did to me

Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">