• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgment; contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scrubby

What is the name of your state? Kansas.
i had a judgement entered against me in a minor auto accident. it was entered by default because i could not show up for court. now they have found me on contempt because i didnt show up. can a person in kansas be put in jail in a civil case such as this one. please help.

G

gooberitiz

I would suggest you find the money fast to pay off your bills.

I hate to say this but YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Millions of People have fought and lots have DIED for this great country of ours, to protect our way of life and our constitution.

And one our YOUR rights as an AMERICAN is to have YOUR day in court, no matter what your status in life is.

But YOU threw away your right to defend yourself in a court of law, you just tossed it on the ground, by not showing up....and now you want sympathy?

Be responsible, pay your bills, and if they arrest you well its your own fault.

S

scrubby

you gooberitz, are not only an idiot, you are an a-hole. i simply asked if a person could be thrown in jail in a civil case. you dont know me and i do pay my bills you ignorant f@ck. if you arent going to try to help out your fellow man on this site, i suggest you keep your f-ing mouth shut. my advice to you is to get a personality transplant. its not my fault i am out of town for months at a time, and i might add, probably making more in a year than you'll make in a lifetime. so if you reply to this, you will prove my point you friggin idiot. find better use for your time.

G

gooberitiz

then you should have hired a lawyer to petition the court for a postponment till you got back.

This was not a hard problem to solve, but you didnt want to spend the money on a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">