• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just been added to a wrongful death lawsuit that's been ongoing for 6 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpme123

I have just been added to a wrongful death civil case. I was at a friend's house one night for 45 min. Apparently someone had overdosed on Ecstasy about 6 hourse after I left. The original lawsuit had 4 defendants(2 were occupants of the house and the other two were there the whole night) but since another person and I were present that night we were added to the lawsuit just recently. Can the attorney that represents the other people represent me or do I have to go out and find my own lawyer? Also any chance my name and the other person that wasn't there for the whole night get taken off the list of defendants? Any advice will be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">