• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got insurance a week ago and I had an accident..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charger2005

What is the name of your state? Pa

I purchased a policy with an insurance company aboujt a week ago. It had full coverage w/$250 deductible. Last night, I was coming home from a friends house and I swerved to miss a deer and ended up going off the road and banging up my car pretty bad. There is a police report. Do you think that the insurance company will give me a hard time with the claim becasue the policy was started a week ago?

stresseddriver

No, they shouldn't, you purchased the policy, that is the risk they take. I had pipes burst in my house the first week we were in it, the policy was new and they had to honor it.

charger2005 said:
What is the name of your state? Pa

I purchased a policy with an insurance company aboujt a week ago. It had full coverage w/$250 deductible. Last night, I was coming home from a friends house and I swerved to miss a deer and ended up going off the road and banging up my car pretty bad. There is a police report. Do you think that the insurance company will give me a hard time with the claim becasue the policy was started a week ago?
They won't but expect that this will be a note on your policy and you may see an increase in premiums or non-renewal at the next policy period.

Insurance companies assume this risk, however they will view this as an accident in which they didn't collect much premium from you and they had to pay out alot more. This doesn't bode well for their financial success and they tend to try and limit these type of situations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">