• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile employee injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmrjs

Hi,
My daughter is 16 years old and recently started in employment at a fast food restaurant. She fell on a wet floor (where there were no signs posted), after she fell she could not get up, she is injured in her back, tail bone, neck, spine. She can only lie flat until the swelling goes down so the doctor can do an MRI.

When my daughter asked to go home due to severe pain, she was told by a supervisor that she had to finish the dishes or the grill first. My daughter started the dishes, and was in such severe pain she asked again can I go home my back hurts really bad. She was told by the supervisor she had to stay and count her drawer and cover the grill after cleaning. Again my daughter stated she needed to go home due to severe pain.

I was not notified, the incident report was never made and the manager was never notified. Also the employer never obtained a worker's permit from my daughter.

What can I do about this? Do I have a case against this employment because my daughter was not allowed to leave after severely injuring herself?

Should I seek legal advice for negligence on the employers part?

Jeannie
[email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pmrjs:
Hi,
My daughter is 16 years old and recently started in employment at a fast food restaurant. She fell on a wet floor (where there were no signs posted), after she fell she could not get up, she is injured in her back, tail bone, neck, spine. She can only lie flat until the swelling goes down so the doctor can do an MRI.

When my daughter asked to go home due to severe pain, she was told by a supervisor that she had to finish the dishes or the grill first. My daughter started the dishes, and was in such severe pain she asked again can I go home my back hurts really bad. She was told by the supervisor she had to stay and count her drawer and cover the grill after cleaning. Again my daughter stated she needed to go home due to severe pain.

I was not notified, the incident report was never made and the manager was never notified. Also the employer never obtained a worker's permit from my daughter.

What can I do about this? Do I have a case against this employment because my daughter was not allowed to leave after severely injuring herself?

Should I seek legal advice for negligence on the employers part?

Jeannie
[email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hire a personal injury attorney. There are various violations of labor law issues as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">