• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keep a disposable camera in your car.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ocho

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California.

Hi all. This is my first posting.

I just wanted to suggest that everyone should carry a disposable camera in their glove box in their car. You can get them at any chain pharmacy. They have a roll of 35mm film in them.

Why keep one in your car?

Well if someone runs into your car you can immediately grab the camera and take pictures of the whole scene from different angles. Just go ahead and shoot all the pics on the roll.

After you have them developed you have a photographic record showing the cars involved, the driver(s) of the other cars, and pretty much how everything happened.

The camera is cheap and the pics are your best evidence in what otherwise might just be a 'you said, they said' situation.

Cheers.

S

shell007

If you have a cell-phone with a camera feature...that works well too. :) I don't know how to print them out (or if you can even do that), but My attorney told me to "send" them to him, I did, and he said that he now has them on file.

Last edited:

jcnoernberg

sounds like a good idea... more advice: if you are hit from behind, don't move it until you record the license plate! I had a friend recently who got rear ended. The one at fault said, oh just pull over on that side street. When she did, he just drove off!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">