• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

'Knowingly Display Fitcitious Plate' - Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sand2687

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Hi, Im in Tucson AZ and I have got a ticket for 'Knowingly Display Fitcitious Plate' as the person I sold my old car to, gave me a stolen number plate back 5 months after the sale took place because as I bought a new car and remporarily kept that number plate on my new car (which I bought 10 days ago) until I got a chance to go to the DMV to get a new one. (I hadn't taken back my old number plate immedietly after the sale). I was wondering if anyone could advice me on how to handle this ticket? The fine amount in http://jp.pima.gov/Pages/index2.php?header=Fine Amounts&dataID=94 for Section 28-2531B1 is $578. I was wondering if this amount will be reduced to a lower amount if I provided proof of a brand new number plate registered under my name. Any help would be much appreciated. :(

Sand

Last edited:

A

Arizona Renter

Yes... If you go before the judge, prove that your vehicle is currently registered, insured, and has a license plate that matches your car. There is a VERY good chance that you will have a reduced payment amount...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">