• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KY auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grande

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
My spouse was driving to work down a 2 lane highway less than a week ago when the driver of a large truck turned left right in front of him at the last minute. He braked but wasn't able to stop and slammed into the side of the truck. The car was totaled. 2 people witnessed the accident, the police report indicates the driver of the truck had no license. My husband was checked out by EMTs and at an emergency room. His injuries included cuts and bruises, pleurisy, and he is now experiencing back pain. He was given prescriptions for an anti-inflammatory and a generic percoset.
I realize that none of these are what anyone considers major injuries. From the appearance of the car, he's lucky to be alive. It appears our insurance will pay off the vehicle (a lease), pay for 3 days of lost wages, and pay for broken glasses.
We've approached two attorneys about filing a suit for pain and suffering, but have been turned down twice. Is there no way to hold the employer of the truck driver accountable? We've spent a lot of time dealing with insurance matters and have both become quite anxious around the issue of driving. We are simply out of a car now. This is hardly anything we brought upon ourselves. Or am I simply a money-grubber and this is just tough luck.

P

phatcat42141

Hire an attorney and sue the company that let an unlicensed driver have the keys to a company truck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">