• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to late for a child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bowiefan99

What is the name of your state? OH
I was hurt at the age of 7 while under the care of my Aunt and Uncle. I suffered a severe brain injury, which I still live with today. My question is can I sue them (aunt/uncle), because all the problems I have today can be directly linked back to that defining moment in my life. It happened almost 18 yrs ago, but it was just pushed aside or looked over for years as my family just told me to live with it. I know there is a thing of satatute of limitations. But being I was a miner (7), I wonder if my rights are different? Thanks, any advice will be well appreciated.

racer72

The statute of limitations expired years ago. It is a situation your parents should have dealt with then. But there are cases where people that are now adults are successfully suing for childhood incidents. I would suggest you contact a local attorney to see if you still have a case. Most initial consultations are free or cost very little. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">