• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Non-disclosure of physical therapy bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanantoniofinds

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband & I were involved in an accident...we were going straight on a green light and a car was going in the opposite direction in front us and turned right in front of us causing the collision.....Once we hit & were stopped I got out of the vehicle and during this time a friend of the other party were driving behind them and at this point they stopped & pulled over the road & came to the accident area. They arrived at the scene after the collision actually occurred.....Fast forward the police came wrote the report questioned everyone there including their friend...Once we received the police report, it stated "No Witnesses" to the accident and it clearly stated the other vehicle failed to yeild on and the lane they were driving on was a green arrow turning lane, meaning they can only turn on the green arrow, and only on green when the area is clear of oncoming vehicles.

With the facts in hand, my husband & I decied to contact an attorney. Both he & I were in pain from small contusions, cuts, scrapes, but no major damages. The attorney we seeked immediately had us go to one of their physcial therapist for treatments.....throughout the course of about 2 months we did this....we get a call from our attorney that the other party have a witness to the accident, the "friend" that showed up after the accident occurred. And they said at this point they will be waiting to see what our insurance company will decide in an arbitration meeting, and based off their decision would determine if they would continue to help us seek our deductable and any settlement for our "pain & suffering".

We finally received the decision from our insurance company with the decision in favor of the other party. Our attorney stated that this was probably due to their "witness", and said that there is nothing they will be able to do for us, and they went on to say they would see what they would do about clearing some of the "physical therapy" bills. I then argued that we were never told nor did we agree that we would be responsible for paying those bills if they were unable to seek a settlement on our behalf, AND then the case manager I spoke with changed her tune and said that we were not responsible for those bills. Now I have received a call from the physical therapy office asking us what we were going to do about paying them for our treatment and if we were going to put it on our medical insurance**************I put in a call to the attorney who was suppose to be representing us and the case manager is avoiding my call, the attorney is nver available, and the assistant we originally spoke with when we first sought them out for representation is not available either. I feel we are being victimized npw by this law firm who was first suppose to be helping us. I need some advise or insight on this matter. My husband & I are very tight for money and are afraid that we will be stuck with these physical therapy bills. We never would have agreed to the therapy if the attorney would of disclosed that this could possible be the outcome if they were not able to reach a settlement. I am very confused on what to do now, and they are avoiding us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">