• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laywer Fees in Auto accident/settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nxs

What is the name of your state? NJ

I'm a bit confused about the laywer fee. I was involved in an auto accident where a guy rear ended me when I was waiting for the light to turn green. Currently my own insurance company is paying for my medical bills. When i get a settlement from this case, will the laywer first take out his share from the total sum of money and then give the rest to me so i can pay for additional medical expense (that might have not been covered by my insurance company)? OR will the laywer take out the money from the settlement only after any additional medical expense has been paid off? I realized that this will be a huge difference in money so I woud like to get some kind of input. Thank you.undefined

S

seniorjudge

nxs said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I'm a bit confused about the laywer fee. I was involved in an auto accident where a guy rear ended me when I was waiting for the light to turn green. Currently my own insurance company is paying for my medical bills. When i get a settlement from this case, will the laywer first take out his share from the total sum of money and then give the rest to me so i can pay for additional medical expense (that might have not been covered by my insurance company)? OR will the laywer take out the money from the settlement only after any additional medical expense has been paid off? I realized that this will be a huge difference in money so I woud like to get some kind of input. Thank you.undefined
You should be asking your lawyer these questions so you will not be disappointed. Get a contract in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">