• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Learners permit not explicity listed as driver in insurance causes accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Titan76

What is the name of your state? Washington

My wife's mother recently was in an accident with two other cars. It was her fault. She had only a learners permit (didn't need to drive in her country). Her husband was in the car with her at the time. The car is insured and she is listed in the car insurance but not as an active driver. Does the insurance company still have to pay money for the claim? They are claiming that they don't have to pay but I feel this is unlikely. I think they are trying to take advantage of foreigners. Its about $8000 in damages.

racer72

Without reading the terms and exclusions listed on the insurance policy, there is no way to answer your question. I would suggest your in-laws talk to a local attorney for guidance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">