• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving the scene of an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anap1970

What is the name of your state? New Jersey:confused: My mom had a hit and run, the person that hit her was not seen by anyone our car was parked on the side of the road last night, What happens now??and what will happen to that person?

K

krispenstpeter

What happens now? You file with your insurance company.

What will happen to the other driver? Probably nothing since no one saw anything and there is no way to trace WHO the other driver was.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

anap1970 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey:confused: My mom had a hit and run, the person that hit her was not seen by anyone our car was parked on the side of the road last night, What happens now??and what will happen to that person?

My response:

You know, it's strange that you're so concerned about what will happen to "the other person". Could it be that YOU are "the other person"?

When you're finally identified, the Charge will be "Hit and Run - Felony". It's called arrest, trial, attorney's fees, jail time, probation, and anything else the court can heap on you.

IAAL

A

anap1970

IAAL

fyi, it is not me , if it was I would not have left the scene.
I was making sure I had that I gave my mom the right advise.
sometimes it's better to get a second opinion before going into a lawyer's office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">