• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the scene of an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobru

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I am the defendant in a leaving the scene of an accident charge. It comes as a result of a guy pulling an insurance scam.

In a nutshell, I was backing out of a parking space, my foot still on the brake, when I made contact with the bumper of his truck. Got out, checked it out, no damage to either vehicle. Offered to exchange license info. He said he didn't have his license on him. Since there was no visible damage to either vehicle, that was that.

Two weeks later, I get a court summons. He's claiming I left the scene, and got over $800 out of his insurance company.

Tomorrow will be my 3rd pretrial appearance. The prosecution has had "no information" on the case the last 2 times. I would like to introduce a motion to dismiss, if I can.

Is this the best way to go? Any input would be appreciated.

stephenk

Either way. maybe talking to the DA first might be a good idea of what may happen. maybe the DA will just dismiss on their own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">