• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving a scene of an accidentt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfondo

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My business partner has a suspended liscense (DUI) and never drives. Unfortunately, he pulled his truck ( this is a work truck that is used by other employees) onto a grassy hill in his apartment complex in order load up some boxes late at night. He did not see a ditch, and rolled his truck over. He only sustained minor cuts but did hit his head pretty bad was really confused. There was no damage to anything other than his own vehicle. Well he panicked and left the scene for fear of getting arrested. The police, fire trucks and ambulance were called to the scene. The truck was towed away.

So far, no charges have been filed b/c he has not claimed his truck yet, but my partner is worried that he will go to jail. Any advice would surely be appreciated.

stephenk

he may face some heavy fines but jail is not a great possibility. Is he just going to let his work truck be taken from him?

nsfondo

Leaving the scene

He does not drive at all. He innocently drove the truck in his apartment complex. Will the state seize the vehicle? Should he claim that he was the driver? And should he go and claim the vehicle? Will he be charged w/ driving on a suspension? Thanks.

Legality

nsfondo said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My business partner has a suspended liscense (DUI) and never drives. Unfortunately, he pulled his truck ( this is a work truck that is used by other employees) onto a grassy hill in his apartment complex in order load up some boxes late at night. He did not see a ditch, and rolled his truck over. He only sustained minor cuts but did hit his head pretty bad was really confused. There was no damage to anything other than his own vehicle. Well he panicked and left the scene for fear of getting arrested. The police, fire trucks and ambulance were called to the scene. The truck was towed away.

So far, no charges have been filed b/c he has not claimed his truck yet, but my partner is worried that he will go to jail. Any advice would surely be appreciated.

Who's running your State, anyway? You see, all we seem to get on these forums are a bunch of, what appear to be, Dufus Hillbilly idiots. I mean, just look at your post - - doesn't that seem like something only a Dufus would do? So, is this how the rest of the people in your State think? If it is, then you've got a bunch of Hillbilly idiots running your State. How do you people make it from one day to the next?

IAAL

C

cissycicle

question for legality

what's a dufus hillbilly idiot? Is that a relative of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">