• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving scene, failure to report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Remington

New Jersey, backed into a pole on school property while making a delivery for my job. Knocked light fixture off top of the pole. School is getting an estimate of cost but I did not report the damage to the school. Stupid!! Police called my job before I returned and I went back to the station today, the accident occured yesterday, with my boss who is also the owner. I was given two summons, one for leaving and one for not reporting the accident. I looked up the summons on the internet and am afraid I could lose my
license for 6 months. Should I hire an attorney?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Big yes! Hire an attorney because you will find your opportunities are quite limited without a license. http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">