• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left turn accident and incorrect accident report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawnnoell

What is the name of your state? AZ

I was involved in an auto accident a few days ago. I was in my company truck fallowing a coworker to a job. He was about 15 feet in front of me the speed limit was 50. I was going 45. We approached an intersection. The light was green my co-worker went threw the intersection. The light turned yellow as soon as I entered the intersection. Some stupid lady turned left right in front of me. I slammed on my breaks but still slammed into her causing he to spin and hit another car parked at the light. The officer who came told me he was going to ticket her for failure to yield. I received the auto accident report and the officer did not ticket her. Officer said I he guesses I was going 50. The officer also messed up the accident report. On one place he wrote car 2 (me) was going straight and car 1 (Other lady) was turning left. This was correct. in another section where he checks who is at fault for what it says car 2 (me) failure to yield and he says I was turning left and inattentive. He has car 1 (other driver) going straight and driving too fast for road conditions. and inattentive. I saw her floor it but it was too late for me to stop. Now her insurance company is saying because the officer says I failure to yield its all my fault. I was going straight not turning. The other car car 1 says she had a green arrow. I have a witness my co-worker who saw the whole accident. Who is at fault. I'm so worried as I have only been with my company 4 months. I've contacted the officer by his voice mail but he has not called me back. How can I get him to correct the police report?

lwpat

I would go down to the department and speak to a supervisor. Basically the officer has decided not to decide and has found you both at fault but issued no citations. Your situation is fairly common and the car turning left is responsible to be sure that she can make the turn safely.

The accident report usually does not indicate whether a ticket was issued so
check with records and they can tell you. If a ticket was issued find out the court date and let the clerk know that you want to be present to testify. Otherwise the ticket will porbably be dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">