• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left-turn car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennievu

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I was on a street with four lanes total (two lanes going each way). I pulled into the middle yellow "bubble" made for cars to wait for left-turns. I was not at an intersection, I was making a left into a parking lot of a Fedex. Traffic was really heavy because it was after-work hours. The two cars in the two lanes opposite me had stopped and made room for me to make my turn. I proceeded slowly (because there was not much room) and as I made my turn, a van came out of no where in a "non lane" area and hit my front of my car where my front right wheels are and damaged the car and I can no longer drive it. I don't know why he made his own lane because there were parked cars on the side of the street not far from where he was heading.

There was no police report since no one was hurt. I called my insurance company and reported it the next morning. They told me that an agent will call back in 1-2 business days to arrange for me to have transportation to work and all other details...which hasn't happened yet.

The guy who hit me called me the same morning shortly after I called my insurance and asked if I just want to pay him directly since his bumper is slightly dented. I was confused because I don't think i was at fault.

What do I do?

S

seniorjudge

jennievu said:
...There was no police report since no one was hurt. I called my insurance company and reported it the next morning. They told me that an agent will call back in 1-2 business days to arrange for me to have transportation to work and all other details...which hasn't happened yet.

The guy who hit me called me the same morning shortly after I called my insurance and asked if I just want to pay him directly since his bumper is slightly dented. I was confused because I don't think i was at fault.

What do I do?
Don't talk to that guy again. Call your insurance company and report this conversation.

teflon_jones

The only thing I can conclude from your post is that the "non-lane" was the breakdown lane. Not calling the police was a mistake. ALWAYS do this, regardless of injuries. Regardless, submit it to your insurance company to work out!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">