• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Action/Hit by drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pittengineer

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Try and keep the story to the point. I was on a 4 lane highway that has a median that seperates 2 lanes east bound and 2 lanes west bound. I was in the right lane. There is one side ride that has a stop sign that would allow you to turn on to the highway I was driving on. A truck went flying through the stop sign and left me about 10 ft to react(im going about 50mph). I throw the brake on a attempt to get in the passing lane. Truck keeps coming and he hits me on the front passenger side and takes me into the median. He then restarted his truck and took off, caught by police w/ a .25 BAL. He has charges against him for DUI, Hit and Run, and then 3 traffic violations.

I had whiplash, a pinched nerve in my shoulder, impact caused carpal tunnel in left wrist, and am going through the process of whether i have torn ligaments in my right knee. Car has already been totaled.

My question is, what are the procedures involved with either filing a claim or a lawsuit.

pittengineer said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Try and keep the story to the point. I was on a 4 lane highway that has a median that seperates 2 lanes east bound and 2 lanes west bound. I was in the right lane. There is one side ride that has a stop sign that would allow you to turn on to the highway I was driving on. A truck went flying through the stop sign and left me about 10 ft to react(im going about 50mph). I throw the brake on a attempt to get in the passing lane. Truck keeps coming and he hits me on the front passenger side and takes me into the median. He then restarted his truck and took off, caught by police w/ a .25 BAL. He has charges against him for DUI, Hit and Run, and then 3 traffic violations.

I had whiplash, a pinched nerve in my shoulder, impact caused carpal tunnel in left wrist, and am going through the process of whether i have torn ligaments in my right knee. Car has already been totaled.

My question is, what are the procedures involved with either filing a claim or a lawsuit.
If you have the other driver's insurance info, call his agent or carrier to file a claim. If not, call yours and provide them with any information you have on the other driver and the police report number.

If you want to sue, you can call a personal injury lawyer and have a consultation to discuss your case.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">