• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Help: Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScubaruImpreza0

What is the name of your state? PA

Ok, I bought a 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. I have had the car for about 16 months and just recently Hit a deer with the car. While the car was there at the autobody shop, they noticed some odd things about the car. After a quick look through the vehicle they came to the conclusion that the car has had extensive damage, to the point that the frame may have been modified. I bought this car brand new, at the brand new price, when the car really wasn't brand new, it had already been wrecked. Basically I was lied to.
We have various theories on it: The transport truck might have dropped it, someone took it for a test spin and crashed, who knows, but when the VIN was checked, it only comes under my name as the owner, and the deer incident. Nothing else. The car has been UNMISTAKABLY worked on at a professional autobody shop, and apparently in a hurry for all these clues to be left behind. The car was brought up from a Delaware dealership.

I need to know what to do legally. We know how to prove all this stuff true, and are willing to use legal action, if it has to go that far. I know lemon law doesn't cover this, or so i was told, and BBB is for after the dealership is uncooperative. What laws protect me as the consumer? I was lied to as a consumer, and bought a product that was understood to be new, when in actuality, it was not. There has to be laws against that.

Please help me, the car goes in to the dealership for a check-over on Monday, and I would like to have some legal terms on my side if I have to enforce my point.

Thanks for any help.

seniorjudge

ScubaruImpreza0 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Ok, I bought a 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. I have had the car for about 16 months and just recently Hit a deer with the car. While the car was there at the autobody shop, they noticed some odd things about the car. After a quick look through the vehicle they came to the conclusion that the car has had extensive damage, to the point that the frame may have been modified. I bought this car brand new, at the brand new price, when the car really wasn't brand new, it had already been wrecked. Basically I was lied to.
We have various theories on it: The transport truck might have dropped it, someone took it for a test spin and crashed, who knows, but when the VIN was checked, it only comes under my name as the owner, and the deer incident. Nothing else. The car has been UNMISTAKABLY worked on at a professional autobody shop, and apparently in a hurry for all these clues to be left behind. The car was brought up from a Delaware dealership.

I need to know what to do legally. We know how to prove all this stuff true, and are willing to use legal action, if it has to go that far. I know lemon law doesn't cover this, or so i was told, and BBB is for after the dealership is uncooperative. What laws protect me as the consumer? I was lied to as a consumer, and bought a product that was understood to be new, when in actuality, it was not. There has to be laws against that.

Please help me, the car goes in to the dealership for a check-over on Monday, and I would like to have some legal terms on my side if I have to enforce my point.

Thanks for any help.

Why do you think the lemon law does not cover the sale of a new car?

ScubaruImpreza0

? I thought the lemon law DID cover new cars...just not this case. It's not a repeated problem....either way I need any advice. I have someone inside Subaru looking at stuff for me, but any help is appreciated.

ScubaruImpreza0

Ok, I've dug up the possibility of it being fraud? I found out that the car WAS reported damaged and had a claim at the previous dealership, so therefore I was lied to. The paper never got to the second dealership, so it is not in their hands, but the first dealership is going to get screwed hard core. Second dealership, if they cooperate, should try to please me, the consumer, as best as possible. I just need to find the right laws for automotive fraud stuff. it is a form of fraud, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">